Jets vs. Browns Betting Lines and Point Spread Updates for Thursday Night Football
It’s an online betting USA miracle! The best online sportsbooks favor the Cleveland Browns at home for the first time in three years. By 3.5 points over the Jets to be specific. This could be a jinx, though. The Jets themselves were favorites, in Week2, for the first time since 2016. And then they proceeded to lose to the Miami Dolphins 20-12 as three-point home faves. Then again, at this point anything can be expected from Jets head coach Todd Bowles. By the way, did you know that Bowles is known as the New York Hue Jackson? Oh, you didn’t know? You better call somebody! Thursday Night Football will pit two of the worst coaches of recent times against one another. The difference is that the Browns are finally showing some mild signs of improvement. But so are the Jets, all things considered.
Betting NY Jets
The Jets fell short as favorites. Maybe they have been accustomed to the underdog role. And they actually thrive in that role. The Jets are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games as three-point or more dogs. Moreover, they are 5-0 SU in their last five against the Browns, winning each game by an average of 8.8 points. Rookie QB Sam Darnold passed for 334 yards against the Dolphins. But he was picked off twice and sacked thrice. In general, his game suffered, especially in comparison with Week 1.
They say bad teams always find a way to lose. This may be the best the Browns have looked in a long time. But until they find a way to win a game, they will remain a bad team. Even worse that bad, actually, because even when they don’t lose, they find a way to not win. Cleveland’s secondary has forced five fumbles, seven sacks and three interceptions. So the problem is not the defense. Offensively, Tyrod Taylor doesn’t turn the ball over. But then he doesn’t throw it very far either. The Browns are 4-15-2 ATS in their last 21 following a game in which they covered the online betting USA spread.
New York Jets at Cleveland Browns NFL Week 3 Betting Information
- Date: September 20
- Time: 8:20 p.m.
- Venue: FirstEnergy Stadium
Lines from MyBookie.ag:
- NEW YORK JETS +3 (-105) 40½ (-110) +144
- CLEVELAND BROWNS -3 (-115) 40½ (-110) -165
- Points per game: 30.0 (7th)
- Total yards per game: 355.5 (18th)
- Passing yards per game: 250.0 (15th)
- Rushing yards per game: 105.5 (16th)
- Points allowed per game: 18.5 (7th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 298.0 (5th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 211.0 (8th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 87.0 (11th)
Cleveland Team Stats
- Points per game: 19.5 (24th)
- Total yards per game: 327.0 (23rd)
- Passing yards per game: 192.0 (27th)
- Rushing yards per game: 135.0 (4th)
- Points allowed per game: 21.0 (13th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 373.5 (21st)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 263.0 (22nd)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 110.5 (20th)
- NY Jets is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The Jets are 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- NY Jets is 3-6-1 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Cleveland is 7-17-1 ATS in its last 25 games
- The Browns are 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Hue was right. Or maybe he’s just lucky. The fact is he may have been on to something naming Taylor the starting QB. Especially considering Darnie’s performance with the Jets. Sure, he does have a win to his name. But it was against the Lions. Methinks the Browns could beat the Lions as well. Me also thinks Cleveland can and will beat the Jets, as well as cover the online betting USA spread.