Vikings 16.5-point home Favorites against Bills at the Best Betting Websites
The Minnesota Vikings are 16.5-point home favorites against the Buffalo Bills, according to the best betting websites. Bills head coach Sean ‘Dylan’ McDermott called the defensive plays in the second half of game against the Chargers. He might as well have left defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier continued play-calling. The Bills failed to win or cover the best online sportsbooks spread for the second straight week. To be fair, the defense did look a bit better comparatively in the second half. Though Buffalo’s secondary has yet to record their first interception.
The offense also looked better, but only because even starting a scarecrow under center would be an improvement over Nathan Peterman. However, Josh Allen is still quite wet behind the ear and it showed. There a lot of room, but also a lot of potential for improvement for the rookie quarterback.
The Bills lost to the Ravens by 44 points, and by 11 to the Bolts. Methinks this Sunday will resemble more the former than the latter. Buffalo is tied for the most points allowed through two weeks. The Bills have also scored the fewest points and gained the fewest yards. Buffalo is 0-17 SU in their last 17 games as double-digit dogs. In a related note, I double dog dare you to say “what” again.
As Neil Paine of FiveThirtyEight writes, the best betting websites don’t usually set huge underdogs in Week 3. However, the Bills have earned themselves that dubious distinction.
The receiving tandem of Stefon ‘Oscar’ Diggs and Adam Thielen is a dream come true for QB Kirk Cousins. The two have combined for 404 yards. Including a 75-yard TD by Diggs. You can believe Diggs digs deep. And Thielen had 131 yards and one TD on 12 catches against the Packers on Sunday. That’s Thielen’s third straight game with 100 or more receiving yards.
Buffalo Bills at Minnesota Vikings NFL Week 3 Betting Preview
- Date: September 23
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: U.S. Bank Stadium
Lines from GTBets.eu:
- Buffalo Bills +16½ (-110) 40½ (-111) +876
- Minnesota Vikings -16½ (-110) 40½ (-109) -1500
- Points per game: 11.5 (31st)
- Total yards per game: 223.0 (31st)
- Passing yards per game: 139.5 (31st)
- Rushing yards per game: 83.5 (26th)
- Points allowed per game: 39.0 (32nd)
- Total yards allowed per game: 359.0 (19th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 246.0 (17th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 113.0 (22nd)
Minnesota Team Stats
- Points per game: 26.5 (9th)
- Total yards per game: 411.5 (5th)
- Passing yards per game: 319.5 (5th)
- Rushing yards per game: 92.0 (22nd)
- Points allowed per game: 22.5 (17th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 339.0 (15th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 245.0 (16th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 94.0 (12th)
- Buffalo is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Bill are 7-12-3 ATS in its last 22 games on the road
- Buffalo is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Minnesota is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games
- Vikings are 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Minnesota is 13-2-1 SU in its last 16 games