Ohio State Massive Favorite against Tulane at Top Sportsbook Odds
The Ohio States Buckeye are enormous, 37-point home faves against the Tulane Green Wave, according to the best sportsbooks online. Figures. OSU survived its head coach ‘Pope’ Urban Meyer’s three-game suspension. The Buckeyes even defeated TCU 40-28. Though they did not cover the 12.5-point spread with which the best online sportsbooks came up. Meanwhile Tulane 1-2 SU and 2-1 ATS. The Green Wave is no Crimson Tide. Although in Bill Conelly’s S&P+ analytics ratings, Tulane ranks higher than the likes of Rutgers and Oregon State. Sounds more Billy Connolly than Bill Conelly.
This game will of course serve as Meyer’s return to the sidelines. Though he will follow Mike Love’s purported advice to Brian Wilson. Which we can’t reprint. “I think I’ll be involved more as a game manager at this point,” Meyer said. “I help where I need to help, but I think a high degree of it was the performance of the offense and how well it worked together and obviously the success we’ve had.”
The Green Wave can’t record, against OSU, fewer sacks than they had against UAB. Which was none. But they’ll have trouble recording more. Ohio State’s starting QB Dwayne Haskins, is too big, too strong, and too fast. “[Haskins]’s extremely talented,” senior safety Roderic Teamer said. “Just on sheer size, he’s a huge guy and he has a quick release. Those two things you don’t really find in college quarterbacks. We always talk about the timing of their routes. The ball will definitely come faster toward us.” According to defensive coordinator Jack Curtis, there was a reason they didn’t sack UAB’s AJ Erdely.
On numerous occasions we had the protections beat and had guys coming scot free, and he got rid of it as we were tackling him,” Curtis said. Well, duh!
Betting Ohio State
If one thing can be held against the Buckeyes, is that they surrender too many yards. It won’t help that defensive end Nick Bosa is out indefinitely following core muscle surgery. Bosa leads the team with 14 tackles, six tackles for loss and four sacks. Still, that should not prevent OSU from covering the best sportsbooks online spread.
Tulane Green Wave at Ohio State Buckeyes NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: September 22
- Time: 2:30 p.m. CT
- Venue: Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
Odds from MyBookie.ag:
- TULANE +37 (-110) 68 (-110) +13000
- OHIO STATE -37 (-110) 68 (-110) -39000
- 7 points per game (85th)
- 3 total yards per game (71st)
- 0 passing yards per game (78th)
- 3 rushing yards per game (52nd)
- 3 total yards allowed per game (109th)
- 7 passing yards allowed per game (101st)
- 7 rushing yards allowed per game (105th)
Ohio State Team Stats
- 3 points per game (2nd)
- 7 total yards per game (3rd)
- 0 passing yards per game (9th)
- 7 rushing yards per game (17th)
- 7 total yards allowed per game (51st)
- 7 passing yards allowed per game (47th)
- 0 rushing yards allowed per game (71st)
- Tulane is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Green Wave is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- Tulane is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Ohio State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Buckeyes are5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Ohio State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Tulane’s five of their last six games against ranked teams have been double-digit losses. Conversely, Ohio State has covered seven of their last 12 games when favored by the best sportsbooks online by at least 20 points. The only way OSU doesn’t win and cover is if they fall to the dreaded trap game.