NFL Betting Week 2: New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars Spread
The New England Patriots opened as NFL betting online underdogs against the Jacksonville Jaguars. At least if you believe CBS Sports. Quick, call POTUS and alert him to the fake news! Even the best online sportsbooks could be forgiven for a lack of faith in Tom Brady, though. The Jags seemed to be Super Bowl-bound for at least three quarters of the AFC championship game. But Tommy reminded them that the fourth quarter is his quarter. The GOAT made with the Brady-fu and the Pats and won the game. Even though they did fail to cover as eight-point home faves.
The Jaguars’ strength is their defense. And they better make it count. Because the offense may be missing running back Leonard Fournette. The LSU product strained a hamstring and is not practicing. Not like the Pats couldn’t contain him as they did last time.
Betting New England
Tight end Rob Gronkowski and wide receiver Phillip Dorsett combined for just 189 yards against the Texans. The rest of the receiving corps totaled only 17. That doesn’t mean, mind you, that the Pats can’t beat the Jags. It does help to explain, however, the small NFL betting online spread. On the other hand, the Jaguars allowed rookie running Saquon Barkley 100 yards. That’s good news for New England rushers Rex Burkhead and James White. The Pats are 14-1 SU and 12-3 ATS in their last 15 road games. New England scored 27.8 points per game on the road in 2017.
The Jags have won six games in a row at TIAA Bank Field. They have gone 4-2 ATS in that period. They allowed just 17 points at home last season. All things considered, Jacksonville is better than any team starting Blake Bortles has any right to be. Methinks their success may have gone to their heads, though. At least cornerback Jalen Ramsey’s head. Ramsey said “former Patriots receiver Danny Amendola was “terrible” and only looked good because of Tom Brady. Brady on the other hand is “good,” according to Ramsey. And then there’s Gronk, who isn’t “as great as people think he is.”” Well, if the greatest of all time is just good, what does that make Bortles? Don’t the Jags have a concussion protocol? Because Ramsey must’ve hit his head really, really hard.
New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Week 2 Betting Information
- Date: September 16
- Time: 4:25 p.m. ET
- Venue: TIAA Bank Field
Lines from MyBookie.ag:
- New England Patriots -1 (-110) 44 (-110) -119
- Jacksonville Jaguars +1 (-110) 44 (-110) -101
- 27 points per game (11th)
- 389 total yards per game (8th)
- 267 passing yards per game (10th)
- 122 rushing yards per game (12th)
- 20 points allowed per game (12th)
- 325 total yards allowed per game (11th)
- 158 passing yards allowed per game (8th)
- 167 rushing allowed per game (29th)
Jacksonville Jaguars Stats
- 20 points per game (21st)
- 305 total yards per game (25th)
- 168 passing yards per game (24th)
- 137 rushing yards per game (10th)
- 15 points allowed per game (6th)
- 324 total yards allowed per game (10th)
- 210 passing yards allowed per game (11th)
- 114 rushing yards allowed per game (16th)
- New England is 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games
- New England is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games
- New England is 14-3 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Jacksonville is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Jacksonville is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- Jacksonville is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Our Prediction: When it comes to NFL betting online, you seldom see New England with lines as low as this. That alone is good enough a reason to take the Pats and the points.