Georgia Bulldogs Betting Favorites vs. Florida Gators at Sportsbooks
The offshore sportsbooks spread favors the Georgia Bulldogs by 7.5 points over the Florida Gators. UGA is coming off their first loss of the season, 16-36 to LSU as seven-point road faves. Meanwhile, UF is currently on a five-game SU and ATS winning streak. This will the 96th – 97th if you ask Georgia – World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. The Bulldogs have won four of the last seven meetings. But the Gators have won three of the last four. Although the best online sportsbooks favor Georgia, there apparently are five reasons why the Bulldogs could lose.
First, Florida’s sixth-ranked pass defense. Florida’s “run by committee offensive attack,” though it’s hard to imagine an attack that isn’t offensive. Third, the Gators’ protection of QB Feleipe Franks. Fourth, the fact that while not great, Franks is good enough. And fifth, anything’s possible in a rivalry game. Perhaps even a defensive attack? And yes, I know there is such a thing as scoring defense.
Betting Georgia Bulldogs
Starting QB Jake ‘Ethan’ Fomm is coming off one his worst games ever. He completed fewer than half of his passing attempts for 209 yards through the air. Additionally, he threw two picks to just one TD. In general, however, he has thrown just four interceptions this season. And he has 13 TDs on 1409 passing yards. This Saturday, Fromm will have to deal with the dreaded ‘third and Grantham.’ That’s when it’s a third and long and UF defensive coordinator sics Jachai Polite or Vosean Joseph on the opposing QB.
Betting Florida Gators
Starting quarterback Feleipe Franks has 15 TDs and five picks on 1406 passing yards. The Gators have a top 10 pass offense. However, their run defense can be their Achilles’s heel. As evidenced by their season opening loss to Kentucky. On that occasion, they allowed running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 175 yards and quarterback Terry Wilson 105 yards and a touchdown. That could be the way for Georgia to win and cover the online betting sports spread.
Georgia Bulldogs at Florida Gators NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: October 27
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
Lines from GTBets.eu:
- GEORGIA -7 (EV) 52 (-110) -265
- FLORIDA +7 (-120) 52 (-110) +225
- 0 points per game (18th)
- 9 total yards per game (26th)
- 6 passing yards per game (64th)
- 3 rushing yards per game (22nd)
- 6 total yards allowed per game (17th)
- 3 passing yards allowed per game (15th)
- 3 rushing yards allowed per game (40th)
Florida Team Stats
- 4 points per game (35th)
- 3 total yards per game (66th)
- 0 passing yards per game (90th)
- 3 rushing yards per game (39th)
- 3 total yards allowed per game (22nd)
- 1 passing yards allowed per game (6th)
- 1 rushing yards allowed per game (73rd)
- Florida is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Florida is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Florida is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games when playing Georgia
- Georgia is 20-3 SU in its last 23 games
- Georgia is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Florida
- Georgia is 6-14 SU in its last 20 games when playing Florida
Our Pick: Georgia is 5-0 against the online betting sports spread in their last five neutral site games. However, in Jacksonville, Florida is the de facto home team. Furthermore, the Gators are 14-6 SU and 12-7-1 ATS in their last 20 encounters with the Bulldogs. UF is also 3-1 SU and ATS against UGA, winning by an average of 18.67 points. Finally, Florida is 5-0 SU and ATS in their last five overall with an average winning margin of 17.8 points. So yeah, all signs point to the Gators.