The Atlanta Falcons are, per the top legal betting sites, four-point home faves in the Letdown Bowl. The best online sportsbooks may not see either team in the Super Bowl. However, they surely are in the conversation for most disappointing team this year. The Falcons just snapped a three-game losing streak, beating the Bucs 34-29 on Sunday. But they’ve been so bad Eli Manning believes the Giants can end their own three-game skid in the Lost City of Atlanta.
“It’s easy to get hot in this league, it’s possible. We just got to find a way to get one. This week on the road, a tough contest against Atlanta, but I think the guys are ready, and focused, and ready to go out there and ready to play better football,” Brother Eli said. Manning may have extra motivation. Winning games would put the G-Men away from the top pick in the 2019 draft. In other words, his replacement.
Betting NY Giants
Rookie running back Saquon Barkley has a minimum one TD in four out of five games this season. Which would make him the bizarro Odell Beckham Jr. Speaking of OBJ, Giants owner John Mara said of him that “he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking.” Which led to Odell’s daddy throwing a hissy fit on Instagram. Odell Sr. should start a club with Lavar Ball.
With running back Devonta Freeman out for the time being, the Falcons have devoted extra attention to the ground attack. I guess they’ve completely given up on the defense. According to top betting sites trends, Atlanta is 11-4 ATS in their last 15 prime-time games.
New York Giants at Atlanta Falcons NFL Week 7 Betting Preview
- Date: October 22
- Time: 8:15 p.m. ET
- Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Odds from GTBets.eu:
- New York Giants +4 (-112) 54 (-110) +172
- 476 Atlanta Falcons -4 (-108) 54 (-110) -205
- Points per game: 19.5 (27th)
- Total yards per game: 348.3 (24th)
- Passing yards per game: 260.8 (17th)
- Rushing yards per game: 87.5 (27th)
- Points allowed per game: 27.0 (24th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 358.0 (15th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 236.3 (12th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 121.7 (25th)
Atlanta Team Stats
- Points per game: 27.8 (9th)
- Total yards per game: 397.3 (8th)
- Passing yards per game: 311.3 (5th)
- Rushing yards per game: 86.0 (29th)
- Points allowed per game: 32.0 (31st)
- Total yards allowed per game: 417.2 (30th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 295.8 (29th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 121.3 (24th)
- NY Giants is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Giants is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Giants’s last 13 games
- Atlanta is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Atlanta is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
More often than not, you have to go with the better team to make a profit at top betting sites. And other times, like this one, you have to go with the least worse team. And in this case, that would be the Falcons. Though not by much. All things considered, this one of those games that makes you want to root for the total. Both defensive units are so ineffectual, this should be the first-ever game with the two offense playing simultaneously. Atlanta alone has allowed 37.5 ppg in the last four game. And scored 34.5 ppg at home this year. The Falcons have gone over by an average of 8.4 points this season.