Philadelphia Eagles 7 points favorites vs. Indianapolis Colts – NFL Week 3
Sport betting sites favor the Philadelphia Eagles by 7 points over the Indianapolis Colts. There are a couple of reasons for the best online sportsbooks to back the Eagles. First, they’re playing the Colts. Even Nick Foles could win that game. And second, Foles’s reign of terror has come to an end. As Philly head coach Doug Pedersen said, “the galaxy is in balance,” now that once and future starting QB Carson Wentz is back. And joined by wide receiver and good friend Jordan Matthews, no less. The Eagles re-signed Matthews on September 19, so that Wentz would have someone to throw the ball to upon his return. So Matthews was indeed the Chosen One prophesied to bring balance to the force. By the way, the Sith were badasses. The Colts are just plain bad.
Seriously though. The Colts improved by leaps and bounds in Week 2. And Andrew Luck seems to have shaken off the rust. Which is a luxury Wentz may not be able to afford. He’ll have to hit the ground running.
The colts had more than just Luck against the Washington Redskins. Luck has completed 79% of his passes in the fourth quarter. That’s second best in the NFL behind only Ryan Fitzpatrick. Luck went 8-of-9 with a TD in the fourth in Week 2 in the 21-9 win over the Redskins.
However, all of that would have been for naught had it not been for Indy’s defense. Rookie linebacker Darius Leonard had 18 tackles, one sack and one forced fumble. The Colts secondary held running back Adrian Peterson to just fewer than 2 yards per carry. And the Skins’ ground attack to 22 yards on 16 carries.
Thank you for that Vince Lombardi Trophy, Nick. Now off the bench with you! Wentz logged 3,296 passing yards, 33 touchdowns and only seven picks in 13 games last season. It’s a stretch, but if he plays like he hasn’t missed a bit, then the Eagles will be celebrating the SU victory. And sport betting sites users the ATS win.
Indianapolis Colts at Philadelphia Eagles NFL Week 3 Betting Odds and Preview
- Date: September 23
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Venue: Lincoln Financial Field
Odds from Intertops.eu:
- Indianapolis Colts +7 (-116) 46½ (-110) +256
- Philadelphia Eagles -7 (-104) 46½ (-110) -315
- Points per game: 22.0 (18th)
- Total yards per game: 330.5 (22nd)
- Passing yards per game: 241.0 (19th)
- Rushing yards per game: 89.5 (24th)
- Points allowed per game 21.5 (14th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 332.0 (10th)
- Passing yards allowed per game 249.0 (17th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game 83.0 (9th)
Philadelphia Team Stats
- Points per game: 19.5 (25th)
- Total yards per game: 322.0 (24th)
- Passing yards per game: 220.0 (23rd)
- Rushing yards per game: 102.0 (18th)
- Points allowed per game 19.5 (9th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 367.5 (19th)
- Passing yards allowed per game. 309.0 (28th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game. 58.5 (1st)
- Indianapolis is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The Colts are 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Eagles are 16-3 SU in its last 19 games
- Philadelphia is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Our Pick: Many sport betting sites customer will want to strike while the iron is hot and make the most of the Colts momentum. They should keep a couple of things in mind. Indy is 0-8 SU in their last eight following a win. And the Eagles are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 home games.