BYU Cougars 2021 Football Betting Analysis, Predictions & Schedule
Top offshore sportsbooks are aware that the Cougars had an impressive 11-win season in 2020. They took on all comers. They ending up No. 11 in The Associated Press’ Top 25 poll. They had their best ranking to close a season since 1996. QB Zach Wilson ended up the No. 2 pick overall in the NFL Draft for the New York Jets.
Head coach Kalani Sitake must find a way to fill the shoes of WR Dax Milne and OT Brady Christensen. The biggest question is be who will step up for the Cougars under center. QBs Jaren Hall and Baylor Romney are returning from 2020. Newcomer QBs Jacob Conover and Sol-Jay Maiava-
Peters also want to compete for the job.
All four players had their chance with the first-team offense in spring practice. Nobody really arose as a clear-cut candidate. Offensive coordinator Aaron Roderick has his work cut out for him picking a winner. And finding three fresh faces to fill gaps on the offensive line.
RBs Tyler Allgeier and Lopini Katoa will bear the brunt in this offense, as the passing game feels its way around. WR Gunner Romney is a seasoned pass catcher. He will help whoever emerges under center.
TE Isaac Rex is an All-American. He will also be a huge perk to the starting quarterback. The BYU defense finished No. 10 in total defense last season. As well as No. 4 in scoring defense. There were many lay-ups on the schedule.
The defense will have plenty of holes to patch up. The schedule is much, much tougher. A home game versus a struggling Arizona team is a nice start. The Holy War against Utah is always a stiff challenge.
A visit from Arizona State will be a big test. Visits from Baylor and Boise State and trips to Boise State and USC will be no day in the park. The Cougars will suffer more losses than they did in 2020. Realistically speaking, this team has the look of a one which will have trouble just qualifying for a bowl game. However, Sitake is an overachiever, and it’s not very wise to bet too much against them at the best online sportsbooks. The lean at top sportsbooks is to the UNDER.
2021 BYU COUGARS SCHEDULE
- 09/04/2021 – vs. Arizona
- 09/11/2021 – vs. Utah
- 09/18/2021 – vs. Arizona State
- 09/25/2021 – vs. USF
- 10/01/2021 – at Utah State
- 10/09/2021 – vs. Boise State
- 10/16/2021 – at Baylor
- 10/23/2021 – at Washington State
- 11/30/2021 – vs. Virginia
- 11/06/2021 – vs. Idaho State
- 11/20/2021 – at Georgia Southern
- 11/27/2021 – at USC
BYU ODDS TO WIN 2021-22 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF +50000
It’s going to be a rude awakening from 11 wins to having to struggle to qualify for a bowl game this season. People who bet on the Cougars at top sportsbooks will have to shift their expectations a little. Making a bowl game will be a major success, but the playoffs? That’s a whole ‘nother story altogether
2020 BYU COUGARS BETTING RESULTS
- 09/07/2020 – BYU 55 (-1) at Navy 3 – Over, 48.5
- 09/26/2020 – Troy 7 at BYU 48 (-14) – Under, 59.5
- 10/02/2020 – Louisiana Tech 14 at BYU 45 (-24) – Under, 61.5
- 10/10/2020 – UTSA 20 (+35) at BYU 27 – Under, 63
- 10/16/2020 – BYU 43 (-3) at Houston 26 – Over, 62.5
- 10/24/2020 – Texas State 14 at BYU 52 (-30) – Over, 61.5
- 10/31/2020 – Western Kentucky 10 at BYU 41 (Push, -31) – Under, 52.5
- 11/06/2020 – BYU 51 (-5.5) at Boise State 17 – Over, 63
- 11/21/2020 – North Alabama 14 at BYU 66 (-50) – Over, 63
- 12/05/2020 – BYU 17 at Coastal Carolina 22 (+10.5) – Over, 63
- 12/12/2020 – San Diego State 14 (+16.5) at BYU 28 – Under 47.5
- 12/22/2020 – UCF 23 at BYU 49 (-5) – Under, 80