In my best Brando voice, betting sites for NFL are errand boys, sent by grocery clerks, to collect the Bills. Last season, Buffalo returned to the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Cynics like me will say that that had to do more with Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton than anyone else. And Bills fans reacted accordingly, donating over $250,000 to the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation. However, that would detract from Tyrod Taylor’s contributions to the team. Taylor may not be an elite QB, but he did have the thankless job of being Buffalo’s signal-caller. And he was underappreciated as well. Nathan Peterman, anybody?
And speaking of Peterman, at the time being, it’s down to him, AJ McCarron, and Josh Allen. Peterman threw six picks in three games in 2017. He threw five of those interception in one single half. The sixth cost the Bills their Wild Card game against the Jags.
2018 Buffalo Bills best online sportsbooks odds
- Super Bowl LIII Odds to Win: +5500
- To win the AFC Championship: +2500
- To win the AFC East Division: +1000
- Win totals: 6
Odds as seen on MyBookie.ag sportsbook, one of the premier betting sites for NFL.
McCarron played 11 games and started three in four years with the Bengals. Make that three. He didn’t get a single snap in his rookie year. He has thrown for 920 yards with six TDs and two picks in his pro career. That leaves rookie Josh Allen, whom the Bills selected as the 7th overall pick in the first round of the 2018 draft. Allen threw for 5066 yards with 44 TDs and 21 picks in three years with the Wyoming Cowboys. Additionally, he rushed for 767 yards and 12 TDs. On paper, the rookie will be the third stringer behind McCarron and Peterman. But if he’s any worse than those two, then he should’ve finished his education and gotten a degree. Because he’d really need it in that case.
2018 Buffalo Bills regular season schedule
- Week 1 September 9 1:00 p.m. Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium
- Week 2 September 16 1:00 p.m. Los Angeles Chargers New Era Field
- Week 3 September 23 1:00 p.m. Minnesota Vikings U.S. Bank Stadium
- Week 4 September 30 1:00 p.m. Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field
- Week 5 October 7 1:00 p.m. Tennessee Titans New Era Field
- Week 6 October 14 1:00 p.m. Houston Texans NRG Stadium
- Week 7 October 21 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium
- Week 8 October 29 8:15 p.m. New England Patriots New Era Field
- Week 9 November 4 1:00 p.m. Chicago Bears New Era Field
- Week 10 November 11 1:00 p.m. New York Jets MetLife Stadium
- Week 11 Bye
- Week 12 November 25 1:00 p.m. Jacksonville Jaguars New Era Field
- Week 13 December 2 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium
- Week 14 December 9 1:00 p.m. New York Jets New Era Field
- Week 15 December 16 1:00 p.m. Detroit Lions New Era Field
- Week 16 December 23 1:00 p.m. New England Patriots Gillette Stadium
- Week 17 December 30 1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins New Era Field
And their road schedule
At Baltimore Ravens. The Bills won their first ever trip to Baltimore in 1999, but lost their following four straight.
At Minnesota Vikings. Buffalo have lost four out of five games in Minnesota between 1971 and 2010.
At Green Bay Packers. The Bills have lost their last three straight in Green Bay.
At Houston Texans. Buffalo are 2-2 in four visits to Houston.
At Indianapolis Colts. The Bills have dropped five straight in Indy, most recently in 2012.
At New York Jets. Buffalo have split their last four games on the road versus the Jets.
At Miami Dolphins. The Bills have alternately lost and won in Miami every year since 2012.
At New England Patriots. Buffalo actually upset the Pats at Gillette Stadium last season, beating the odds set by most betting sites for NFL.