Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Playoffs Odds and Picks
The top online sportsbook action we’ve all been waiting for kicks off this week as the NHL playoffs officially kick off. The race for the Stanley Cup is the most exciting time of the season and one match we’ll all be keeping an eye for is the Toronto vs. Boston series. Let’s take a look at some pertinent information on this 1st round pairing before breaking down Game 1.
Maple Leafs turned in a 49-26-7 record to finish 3rd overall in the division this season, earning yet another postseason draw. But more importantly, the Leafs finished their last 6 games of the year with a 4-2 record. This makes it seem like the club comes in with a good deal of momentum into the playoffs. Throughout the regular season, Toronto faced Boston on two occasions. Since the Leafs won three of those games, top online sportsbook players should consider backing them in Game 1.
Boston Bruins finished the regular season with a 50-20-12 record to claim the NO. 2 seed in the Atlantic. Surprisingly, the Bruins had a very real opportunity of claiming the No. 1 seed in the division. However, since Boston went 1-4 in their final 5-games of the year, it’s safe to say that they let that opportunity slip through their fingers. Now the struggling Bruins will try to get a leg up in this series at home.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins – East 1st Round
- Series: Tied 0-0
- Game 1: @ Boston || 7:00 pm ET || Thursday, April 12th
- Game 2: @ Boston || 8:00 pm ET || Saturday, April 14th
- Game 3: @ Toronto || 7:00 pm ET || Monday, April 16th
- Game 4: @ Toronto || 7:00 pm ET || Thursday, April 19th
- Game 5: @ Boston || TBA || Saturday, April 21st
- Boston: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
- Toronto: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- TV Broadcast: NBC
- Online Stream: NBC Extra
- Top Online Sportsbook Betting Odds:
- Boston Bruins -1½ (+185) 6 (-115) -155
- Toronto Maple Leafs +1½ (-225) 6 (-105) +135
The above listed odds hail from MyBookie sportsbook, a worldwide leader in the sports betting industry. MyBookie is known for offering some of the best odds on the web as well as offering a bundle of sportsbook bonuses to help bettors get the most out of their NHL betting action. More importantly, they’re also committed to offering sportsbook betting tips to ensure that players make the best postseason predictions possible. Feel free to check out our online sportsbook betting review on MyBookie to get a closer look at what they offer. Similarly, you can hop on their site to sign up today!
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins || Game 1 Picks
- TOR is 6-4 STRAIGHT UP in their last 10 matches
- TOR is 5-5 AGAINST THE SPREAD in their last 10 matches
- TOR is 6-3-1 AGAINST THE OVER/UNDER in their last 10 matches
- BOS is 5-3-2 STRAIGHT UP in their last 10 matches
- BOS is 7-3 AGAINST THE SPREAD in their last 10 matches
- BOS is 3-4-3 AGAINST THE OVER/UNDER in their last 10 matches
Best Online Sportsbook Prediction: 4-2 Toronto. Despite playing on the road, the Maple Leafs are able to jump to an early lead in this series. The Maple Leafs use the slight momentum they picked up in the final games of the season to pick off the struggling Bruins. Toronto will cover the spread and the over/under will be going under in this one.
Best Online Sportsbook Bet to Make: Considering that the Maple Leafs are pegged as the underdog on the money line, taking them straight up can be quite lucrative. The spread line has too much vig on this one to make it a viable choice.