Boise State Home Underdogs vs. Fresno State at Betting Sites
Top betting sites favor the Fresno State Bulldogs over the Boise State Broncos by a 2.5 points. The best online sportsbooks had never pegged the Broncos as home underdogs. At least not as a member of the Mountain West Conference. Or the Western Athletic Conference before that. At least according to the Idaho Statesman. This will be the 21st Battle for the Milk Can. Boise State leads the all-time series 14-6. The Broncos have won 10 of the last 12 meetings, as well as three of the last four. Including the 2017 Mountain West Conference Football Championship Game. There’s more bad news for Fresno State in addition to being in the uncommon position of home dog. The Broncos have lost linebacker Riley Whimpey to a torn ACL. He leads the team with 55 tackles. I guess Fresno State will go out with a bang and not a Whimpey.
Betting Fresno State
The Bulldogs’ defense is nigh impregnable. Fresno State allows just 12.3 points per game. And they have allowed just eight TD passes. And they have 15 pass interceptions. They shouldn’t have too much trouble picking off TO-prone QB Brett Rypien. Finally, this defense has gone 20 games without conceding 30 points. On offense Bulldogs QB Marcus McMaryon has 20 TDs and just three interceptions on 2416 passing yards. He has run for an additional seven TDs. Wide receiver KeeSean Johnson has 858 yards and six TDs on 62 catches. According to top betting sites, Fresno State has covered their last four straight games.
Betting Boise State
As hinted above, starting QB Rypien has a tendency to get butterfingers. He has thrown multiple picks in two games this season. The again he’s been hit pretty hard as well, which may have messed his sonar up. Like Johnny Consuelo, though, Rypien always gets back up. But will he get back up when – not if – Bulldogs linebacker Jeffrey Allison knocks him down? Let’s hope he does. Otherwise, head coach Bryan Harsin may have to send in Donny Forfeit. Don’t do it, Donny!
Fresno State Bulldogs at Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: November 9
- Time: 8:15 p.m. MT
- Venue: Albertsons Stadium, Boise, ID
Lines from MyBookie.ag:
- FRESNO STATE -2½ (-110) 54 (-110) -140
- BOISE STATE +2½ (-110) 54 (-110) +120
- 4 points per game (13th)
- 3 total yards per game (46th)
- 8 passing yards per game (23rd)
- 6 rushing yards per game (88th)
- 0 total yards allowed per game (14th)
- 2 passing yards allowed per game (16th)
- 8 rushing yards allowed per game (30th)
Boise State Team Stats
- 0 points per game (21st)
- 7 total yards per game (20th)
- 9 passing yards per game (10th)
- 8 rushing yards per game (89th)
- 4 total yards allowed per game (42nd)
- 4 passing yards allowed per game (74th)
- 0 rushing yards allowed per game (28th)
No. 16 Fresno State will be tied for the highest-ranked FBS team to visit The Blue in school history.
— Boise State Broncos (@BroncoSports) November 8, 2018
- Fresno State is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Fresno State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Fresno State’s last 5 games
- Boise State is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Broncos are 16-3 SU in its last 19 games
- Boise State is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games at home
Our Prediction: The Bulldogs are 13-2-1 ATS in their last 16 road games, according to top betting sites. They also are 25-4-1 in their last 30 games overall. More impressively, they are 9-0 in their last nine versus schools with a winning record. Meanwhile, the Broncos are 5-15 in their last 20 at home. Take Fresno State and the points.