Betting NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers Point Spread
The offshore gambling sites spread favors the Pittsburgh Steelers by four points over the Kansas City Chiefs. The Steelers of course have been shamefully branded. They are the team that couldn’t beat the Cleveland Browns nor had the decency to lose. Plus, the Le’Veon Bell soap opera continues and it has clearly taken a toll on Pittsburgh. And the Steelers-Bell feud is sure to be the gift that keeps on giving. Giving to other teams, that is. The running back is a big reason that Pittsburgh has dominated Kansas City in the last few years.
Another reason for that dominance may have been former Chiefs QB Alex Smith. Smith won a lotta games while in Kansas. But not too many of those games were against the Steelers. He would always play it too safe. Patrick Mahomes II is more daring and more willing to take chances. That’s a gamble, but as the best online sportsbooks know, a big gamble can pay off big time.
Betting Kansas City
The Chiefs covered a three-point spread as road dogs in a 38-28 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. Mahomes threw for 256 yards and four touchdowns. While all the attention has been bestowed on the QB, we can’t forget about Tyreek ‘One Tree’ Hill. The wide receiver posted 169 yards and two TDs on seven receptions. More impressively, Hill returned the Bolts’ first punt 91 yards for a touchdown. The Chiefs have covered the online betting sports spread in five of their last six. And 11 of their last 15 on the road.
It may not be a good idea to set your watches to Big Ben. The ‘Berger threw five interceptions against the Browns. And just one TD. On the other hand, James Conner as good a game as Bell would have. The running back had 135 yards and two TDs on 31 carries. On defense, the Steelers are good. But they are not Chargers-good. Pittsburgh is 0-5 ATS in their last five games at Heinz Field. The Steelers are 1-7 ATS in their last eight overall.
Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Betting Information
Date: September 16
Time: 12:00 p.m. CT
Venue: Heinz Field
Odds from GTBets.eu:
Kansas City Chiefs +4 -113 +175 Ov 52½ -110
Kansa City Stats
- 38 points per game (5th)
- 362 total yards per game (13th)
- 256 passing yards per game (11th)
- 106 rushing yards per game (20th)
- 28 points allowed per game (25th)
- 541 total yards allowed per game (32nd)
- 418 passing yards allowed per game (31st)
- 123 rushing yards allowed per game (22nd)
- 21 points per game (19th)
- 472 total yards per game (4th)
- 313 passing yards per game (5th)
- 159 rushing yards per game (5th)
- 21 points allowed per game (14th)
- 327 total yards allowed per game (12th)
- 150 passing yards allowed per game (6th)
- 177 rushing yards allowed per game (31st)
- Kansas City is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 11-4 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Pittsburgh is 10-2-1 SU in its last 13 games
- Pittsburgh is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
It’s mystifying that a team with a bottom-of-the-barrel offense won their game. And that a team with a top 5 offense could not win theirs. But that’s online betting sports for ya. Mahomes already took Alex Smith out. Could he put Big Ben down as well? All signs point to yes.