The battle for the AL East between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees is shaping up to be quite a spectacle. Both teams have been duking it out for the lead in the division. So far the chase has been entertaining with neither team holding on to the No. 1 spot for long. So in Friday’s NY Yankees vs. NY Mets matchup, you can bank on the Yanks vying to get back on top. What kind of US online sportsbook odds are they facing on the road?
Betting New York Yankees
The Yankees enter this contest with a 40-18 record that currently ranks them 2nd in the AL East. Just 1-game behind the Boston Red Sox, New York is in an excellent position to retake the AL East. Coming off a season that saw New york make it all the way o the ALCS, it’s not shocking to see them find success this time around. The Yanks have posted a 7-1 record in their last 8 matches and will be looking to take that momentum into Friday’ night’s game. Masahiro Tanaka will be receiving the start on behalf of New York. He brings a 7-2 record to the mound as well as a 1.14 WHIP and a 4.79 ERA.
Betting New York Mets
The Mets tumble into this inter-conference matchup flashing a 27-32 record that ranks them second to last in the NL East. Coming off a 70-92 season, it’s clear New York is struggling to deliver winning results. Which is a bit surprising, since the Mets had a decent start to the year. However, it’s clear that the franchise quickly lost their momentum and are hardly considered a threat by the top teams in the MLB. That includes Friday’s opponent. In an effort to walk away with the upset, the Mets will be starting Jacob deGrom against New York. deGrom is 4-0 on the season with a brilliant 1.49 ERA and 1.04 WHIP.
Online MLB Betting – New York Yankees vs. New York Mets
- Series: Game 1
- Date & Time: Friday, June 8th || 7:10 pm ET
- Venue: Citi Field, Queens, New York
- TV Broadcast: Local Broadcasts
- Online Stream: MLB TV
- Best US Online Sportsbook Betting Odds:
- New York Yankees -1½ (+145) 7 (-105) -118
- New York Mets +1½ (-165) 7 (-115) +108
The above previewed odds hail from GTBets sportsbook. GTBets is one of the best betting sites to turn to when betting on the 2018 MLB season. They have great odds and are committed to delivering a good sportsbook product. Feel free to check out our online betting review on GTBets to get a closer look at what they offer.
MLB Betting Picks || New York Yankees vs. New York Mets
- New York Yankees are 5-1 STRAIGHT UP on the road in their last 6 Games
- New York Yankees are 5-1 AGAINST THE SPREAD on the road in their last 6 Games
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 4 of the Yankees’ last 6 road games
- New York Mets are 0-6 STRAIGHT UP at home in their last 6 Games
- New York Mets are 0-6 AGAINST THE SPREAD at home in their last 6 Games
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 4 of the Mets’ last 6 road Games
Best US Online Sportsbook Prediction: 2-0 Yankees. A low-scoring game that sees the Yanks pick up a road win over the Mets.
Best Sportsbook Bet to Make: Depending on what the money line has to say, taking the Yankees straight up can be a good option. If not, take the UNDER on the TOTALs.