Warriors vs. Pelicans Game 4 Betting Odds, Trends and Picks
Despite being heavily favored by the biggest sportsbooks on the web, the Golden State Warriors came out on the losing end in Game 3. It seems that the home court was enough to tip the scales in New Orleans favor. Now, heading into game 4, which team should players place sportsbook bets on? The Pelicans, who will be looking to capitalize on the home court once again. Or the Warriors, who are the better all-around team?
Betting Golden State
The Warriors ended up losing Game 3 by a total of 9 points. That’s a pretty decisive beating for a postseason loss. Anthony Davis was the primary reason for the Warriors’ loss, seeing as Golden State was unable to contain him. Davis ended up scoring 33 on the night. And even though the Warriors aren’t necessarily a defensive team, they’re supposed to be able to outscore just about anybody in the league. But seeing as how nobody came close to matching Davis’ 33, it’s easy to see why the Warriors lost. The question now is; can Golden State contain Davis this time around? Will Davis even go off? And if he does, can Curry, Thompson, or Durant keep up?
Betting New Orleans
The Pelicans needed a win in Game 3 to stay alive in this series. And although they’re still down a game, they’ve now drawn blood from the NBA titans. With Game 4 taking place in New Orleans once again, some bettors might be inclined to state that the Pelicans have the upper hand. However, beating the Warriors is one thing, but beating them two games in a row is another thing entirely. The biggest sportsbook odds are pegging New Orleans as a decisive underdog once again in Game 4. Online bettors should share this sentiment.
NBA Playoff Betting – Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans – Game 4
- Series: Game 4 || Golden State Leads 2-1
- Date & Time: Sunday, May 6th || 2:30 pm ET
- Venue: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ABC
- Online Stream: ABC Sports, NBA League Pass
- Biggest Sportsbook Odds:
- Golden State Warriors -5½ (-110) 231½ (-110) -245
- New Orleans Pelicans +5½ (-110) 231½ (-110) +205
The above previewed odds hail from MyBookie.ag. When it comes to betting on the 2018 NBA postseason, MyBookie.ag is one of the best betting sites to choose. With an easy to use interface, fast and reliable payouts, and a plethora of sportsbook bonuses, there’s no question MyBookie.ag is committed to helping you make the most out of your postseason action.
NBA Playoff Betting Picks || Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Golden State is 1-4 AGAINST THE SPREAD in its last 5 games
- Golden State is 6-2 STRAIGHT UP in its last 8 games
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State’s last 6 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- New Orleans is 2-16 STRAIGHT UP in its last 18 games when playing Golden State
- New Orleans is 4-1 AGAINST THE SPREAD in its last 5 games when playing at home against Golden State
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 5 games
Best Online Sportsbook Pick: 119-107 Golden State. The Pelicans put up a tough fight but the Warriors hang on in the end. New Orleans will cover the spread and the TOTAL will be UNDER.
Best Online Sportsbook Bet to Make: If you think New Orleans can upset the Warriors once again, taking them straight up is a great option. If not, you’re probably better off taking Golden State on the spread.