Las Vegas Sports Betting Spread favors LSU Tigers over Louisiana Tech
The Las Vegas sports betting online spread favors the LSU Tigers over the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs by 19 points. Everybody and their uncle will be there, this being the first LSU sold out game in two years. However, two individuals might be conspicuous by their absence. Left tackle Saahdiq Charles and tight end Thaddeus Moss are reported to be “very questionable” for Saturday. Were Charles to miss the game, that would force head coach Ed Orgeron to shift the offensive line. For the fourth time in as many games. The newest iteration of the LSU O-line will start Badara Traore at left tackle and keep Austin Deculus at right tackle. This is good news for Traore, who had previously lost the right tackle job precisely to Deculus.
“We had a choice to move [Traore] to left or move Austin right to left but Austin has been doing good at right,” Orgeron said. “We’ll have to give Badara help. They have a great end but they move him around.”
Betting La. Tech
The esteemed former American football player, coach, and analyst Lou Holtz believes the Bulldogs are up to the task of beating LSU. Then again, he may be a bit biased. “Picking Louisiana Tech to beat LSU Saturday in Baton Rouge,” Holtz tweeted. “Not an upset. Upset is what my wife would be if I picked against her son. Last 2 years they lost to S. Carolina and Arkansas on the road by just 1 point on the last play of the game. They will not be intimidated.” Holtz’s son Skip is La. Tech’s head coach. If an 81-year-old can figure out Tweeter, he just may well be on to something.
According to The Advocate’s Scott Rabalais, “LSU [is] occupying entirely new reality after Auburn, Miami wins — and there’s no turning back.” What, like Lost in Space? Or is it that those two wins created a rift in the space-time continuum? Tore the very fabric of the Universe? Actually, he means this LSU team has been much better than expected. Hard times seem to be a thing of the past. Now let’s see if they can live up to those Las Vegas sports betting online odds.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at LSU Tigers NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: September 22
- Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
- Venue: Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
Lines from GTBets.eu:
- Louisiana Tech +19 (-110) 51 (-110) +650
- LSU Tigers -19 (-110) 51 (-110) -1000
- 0 points per game (27th)
- 5 total yards per game (17th)
- 0 passing yards per game (19th)
- 5 rushing yards per game (42nd)
- 0 total yards allowed per game (20th)
- 5 passing yards allowed per game (15th)
- 5 rushing yards allowed per game (60th)
LSU Team Stats
- 7 total yards per game.
- Points per match 7 (80th)
- Total yards per game 7 (111th)
- 7 rushing yards per match (91st)
- 0 total yards allowed per game (28th)
- 3 passing yards allowed per game (67th)
- 7 rushing yards allowed per game (19th)
- Louisiana Tech is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Bulldogs are 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Louisiana Tech is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- LSU is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games
- The Tigers are 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Louisiana State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
LSU is 3-0 SU and 2-1 ATS, so I guess that justifies the Las Vegas sports betting online spread. And the Tigers do have two wins against ranked teams. Somehow it seems they’re playing at half speed, though. LSU is going to have to go full throttle against the Bulldogs, otherwise La. Tech could pull the upset and cover the spread.