Texans Home Betting Favorites against Cowboys in NFL Week 5
The Houston Texans are three-point home favorites over the Dallas Cowboys, according to NFL gambling sites. The Cowboys should be so lucky. Dallas lost by eight points in Carolina. And by nine in Seattle. Losing by just three points in Houston would be a moral victory for the Cowboys. By the way, three points was the Texans’ margin of victory over the Colts in Week 4. Kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn converted the game-winning field goal from a distance of 37 yards in overtime. It was the very definition of an agonic triumph. Which also ended Houston’s agony of a nine-game losing streak. Now let’s just see if they can string more than one win together. The Texans have not won two in a row since December. Of 2016. That’s a feat that the Cowboys last accomplished in December of last year. Dak Prescott’s 11-game winning streak seems so long ago.
The Cowboys’ offense is pretty much one-sided. Dallas’ attack is predicated on the ground attack. Fortunately for them, they are very good at the run. Unfortunately for them, the Texans are very good at stopping the run. Dallas’ poor-tastic passing games has NFL gambling sites users who back the Cowboys clamoring for the return of Dez Bryant. But owner Jerry Jones did his best Dana Carvey-as-George WH Bush and said, “not gonna do it… wouldn’t be prudent.” Or words to that effect.
Defensively, the Cowboys allow fewer than 20 points per game. However, without Sean Lee, they allowed the Detroit Lions 24 points. Lee will miss Week 5 as well.
The best online sportsbooks are not very high on the Texans at night. Houston is 4-22-1 ATS in their last 27 prime-time games. On the other hand, they are 1-1 SU and ATS with Deshaun Watson on primetime. It’s not much, but it does bring up the subject of Watson. Starting on Week 2, the starting QB has been throwing for 356.6 yards per game. Compare that to Dak’s 194.3 yards through the air in the same period. Houston allows 7.8 more points than the Cowboys but scores 7.2 more points than Dallas.
Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans NFL Week 5 Betting Odds & Preview
- Date: October 7
- Time: 7:20 p.m. CT
- Venue: NRG Stadium
Lines from Intertops.eu:
- DALLAS COWBOYS +3 (-101) 45½ (-110) +148
- HOUSTON TEXANS -3 (-119) 45½ (-110) -170
- Points per gamer: 16.8 (30th)
- Total yards per game 311.8 (27th)
- Passing yards per game: 166.5 (30th)
- Rushing yards per game: 145.2 (4th)
- Points allowed per game: 19.2 (7th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 306.2 (5th)
- Passing yards allowed per game 208.5 (6th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 97.8 (12th)
- Points per game: 24.0 (15th)
- Total yards per game: 413.8 (5th)
- Passing yards per game 290.5 (11th)
- Rushing yards per game: 123.2 (9th)
- Points allowed per game: 27.0 (20th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 382.2 (21st)
- Passing yards allowed per game 288.0 (27th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 94.2 (9th)
- Dallas is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- The Cowboys are 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- Dallas is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Houston is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
- The Texans are 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Our Prediction: The Texans may not be very good but at least they are a competitive team. Meanwhile, the Cowboys have been awful on the road. Those NFL betting sites trends will most likely continue to hold on Sunday night. Take Houston and the points.