Steelers Thursday Night Football Betting Favorites vs. Panthers – Week 10
The Pittsburgh Steelers are 3.5-points home favorites over the Carolina Panthers, according to the legal betting USA spread. This matchup must be Michael Starr’s wet dream. That date will mark the start of the final week of Le’Veon Bell’s deadline to report to the Steelers. Will he show up? Will he sit out the rest of the season? And a much better question; does anyone even really care about Le’Veon Bell at this point? Other than Bell himself, that is. But then, he has been looking out for No. 1 all along.
And why should we care about Bell when we have James Conner? He’s so hot right now. His late aunt Roseanne would be so proud. The cancer-surviving running back paces the AFC with 706 yards on the ground. As well as 1085 yards from scrimmage. Only one guy in the NFL has more yards in those categories. And that’s Todd Gurley, who’s arguably the best player in the league. That’d make Conner arguably second-best.
Betting Carolina Panthers
The Panthers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games as road dogs. And they have covered the legal betting USA spread in five of their last eight as underdogs of at least three points.
Betting Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games as favorites of at least three points. Considering that and the aforementioned Panthers best online sportsbooks trends, one’d be tempted to fade Pittsburgh. But consider the following too. The Panthers are 1-2 SU on the road this season. And those two losses came by an average margin of 6.5 points.
Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers Thursday Night Football Betting Preview
- Date: November 8
- Time: 8:20 p.m. ET
- Venue: Heinz Field
Odds from GTBets.eu:
- Carolina Panthers +3½ (-105) 51 (-117) +172
- Pittsburgh Steelers -3½ (-115) 51 (-103) -205
- Points per game: 27.5 (12th)
- Total yards per game: 371.6 (13th)
- Passing yards per game: 227.8 (22nd)
- Rushing yards per game: 143.9 (2nd)
- Points allowed per game: 22.5 (12th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 344.8 (11th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 250.6 (19th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 94.1 (8th)
Pittsburgh Team Stats
- Points per game: 28.4 (9th)
- Total yards per game: 415.2 (4th)
- Passing yards per game: 313.6 (4th)
- Rushing yards per game: 101.6 (22nd)
- Points allowed per game: 23.5 (15th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 347.9 (12th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 257.6 (21st)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 90.2 (6th)
- Carolina is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Carolina is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Carolina’s last 7 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Pittsburgh’s last 10 games
Both teams are enjoying winning streaks at the time being. And that’s thanks in no small part to their defensive units. The Panthers have not allowed fewer than 30 points in their three-game winning streak. And the Steelers have not allowed more than 21 in their four-game winning streak. As far as offense goes, both Big Ben and Cammie are currently playing as is expected of them. That is to say, pretty damn good. Pittsburgh is 13-1 SU in their last 14 primetime games. However, they have covered the legal betting USA spread in just two of their last nine home games. On the other hand, Carolina has yet to cover in six previous meetings with the yellow-and-black. This one is really close, but sometimes you have to go with your gut. And I just simply like Steelers better.