Sports Betting Sites in USA Favor Oklahoma State against the Texas Tech
The best sports betting sites in USA favor the Oklahoma State Cowboys by 14½ points against the Texas Tech Red Raiders. And why wouldn’t the best online sportsbooks get behind Oklahoma State? The Cowboys have won the last nine straight meetings in the rivalry. And 12 of the last 15. And they have averaged 54 points per game in the last seven. This year, though, OK State’s cornerbacks, such as A.J. Green and Rodarius Williams, will have to deal with larger-than-usual Raiders receivers. Like Antoine Wesley is 6-foot-5 and sophomore T.J. Vasher. And speaking of Wesley, he will most likely remain QB Alan Bowman’s preferred target. Bowman has been making a great case for taking over the injured McLane Carter. And beating the Cowboys at Stillwater would pretty much seal the deal.
Fun fact: Kliff Kingsbury was the last Texas Tech QB to win at Boone Pickens Stadium. You know, Kliff Kingsbury? As in Raiders head coach Kliff Kingsbury. Yeah, it was that long ago.
Betting Texas Tech
The Red Raiders hope running back Da’Leon Ward can make a dent in OK State’s stout run defense. If he does play, that is. Ward will be a game-time decision. Another game-time decision will be defensive back Jah’Shawn Johnson, whom TTU would expect to help contain QB Taylor Cornelius.
Texas Tech’s own QB has been on a tear himself. Bowman is 94-of-133 passes for 1,160 yards and eight touchdowns through three games.
Betting Oklahoma State
Back to Cornelius, he has passed for 971 yards and seven TDs also in three games. Additionally, junior running back Justice Hill has 277 yards – best in the Big 12 – and four TDs on 34 carries.
The Cowboys scored enough points on an experienced Boise State secondary to cover the best sports betting sites spread. There is no reason to believe offensive coordinator Jim Knowles won’t be able to get the job done again. Especially against a TTU defense that’s really nothing special.
Texas Tech Raiders at Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Odds Preview
- Date: September 22
- Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
- Venue: Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
Lines from Intertops.eu:
- Texas Tech +14½ (-110) 77 (-110) +450
- Oklahoma State -14½ (-110) 77 (-110) -600
- 7 points per game (3rd)
- 3 total yards per game (1st)
- 7 passing yards per game (1st)
- 7 rushing yards per game (71st)
- 3 total yards allowed per game (104th)
- 7 passing yards allowed per game (111th)
- 7 rushing yards allowed per game (77th)
Oklahoma State Team Stats
- 3 points per game (7th)
- Three total yards per game (6th)
- 3 passing yards per game (12th)
- 0 rushing yards per game (19th)
- 296 total yards allowed per game (17th)
- 0 passing yards allowed per game (74th)
- 0 rushing yards allowed per game (7th)
- Texas Tech is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Oklahoma State
- The Red Raiders are 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oklahoma State
- Texas Tech is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma State
- Oklahoma State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Cowboys are 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Oklahoma State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
The Raiders’ output against Houston and Lamar has elevated Texas Tech’s offense to be among the best in the country. They didn’t look so good though, in their season opener against Ole Miss. The Oklahoma State game is likely to be repeat of that season-opening loss. Users of the best sports betting sites should take the Cowboys and the points.