Patriots Big Betting Favorites against Colts on Thursday Night Football
The New England Patriots are 10-point home favorites against Indianapolis Colts. According to legal betting sites. And according to common sense and good judgment. Especially after Tom Brady set things straight and restored balance to the Universe on Sunday. Was there really anyone so naïve as to actually believe the Pats would lose three games in a row? Well, other than Adam Gase, that is. You see, the Miami Dolphins may have been unbeaten. But they had not beaten anyone. Though at least they have a winning record at 3-1. Which is also the Colts’ record.
If you read from right to left. At least Tommy will face another QB who may have measured up to him. Had he not struggled with injuries. To be sure, Andrew Luck is about the best thing Indy has going on right now. However, the only thing better than Lady Luck, is Brady luck.
The Colts are not entitled to helping themselves to any coffee. Because coffee is for closers. And Indy seems to have forgotten there are four quarters to a football game.
Luck threw a career-best 464 yards and added four TDs against the Houston Texans. However, the Colts only gained 42 yards on the ground.
On the plus side, Indy is 8-4-1 against the legal betting sites spread in their last 13 road games as underdogs with Luck under center.
Betting New England
The Patriots went 10 of 15 in third down conversion against the Dolphins. Additionally, they held possession of the ball for 40 minutes. Brady looked great, connecting a long TD under pressure, amongst other highlights. And he made others look great, for example on wide receiver Phillip Dorsett’s summersault touchdown. Rookie running back Sony Michel breathed new life into the ground game. The Georgia product had had 112 rushing yards. The Pats are 9-1 SU and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games as home faves. Which have been coincidentally their last 10 home games overall. New England has outscored teams 65-27 in its first two games at Gillette Stadium this season. Finally, the Pats are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 as double-digit favorites.
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots Thursday Night Football Betting Preview
- Date: October 4
- Time: 8:20 p.m. ET
- Venue: Gillette Stadium
Odds from Intertops.eu:
- INDIANAPOLIS COLTS +10 (-105) 50½ (-111) +384
- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -10 (-115) 50½ (-109) -500
- Points per game: 23.5 (18th)
- Total yards per game: 337.0 (24th)
- Passing yards per game: 265.0 (16th)
- Rushing yards per game: 72.0 (29th)
- Points allowed per game: 25.0 (18th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 377.2 (19th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 268.0 (18th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 109.2 (17th)
New England Team Stats
- Points per game: 23.8 (15th)
- Total yards per game: 337.2 (23rd)
- Passing yards per game: 220.2 (22nd)
- Rushing yards per game: 117.0 (12th)
- Points allowed per game: 21.0 (12th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 347.8 (11th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 226.2 (8th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 121.5 (26th)
- Indianapolis is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- The Colts are 2-9 SU in its last 11 games
- Indianapolis is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- New England is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games
- The Patriots are 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- New England is 15-4 SU in its last 19 games
Legal betting sites are filled with little people of little faith. First, they didn’t believe the Pats would beat the Dolphins. Now, they don’t believe the Pats can cover the best online sportsbooks spread. Ten points is too much for New England to handle, they say. Aren’t they tired of being proven wrong by the GOAT? Well, what can you do? Where there are giants there are bound to be Lilliputians. Smart bettors will take the Pats and the points.