NFL Wild Card Playoffs Betting Odds & Picks: Seahawks at Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys are 2-point home favorites over the Seattle Seahawks, according to legal betting sites. The Boys had a hit-and-miss first half of the season. They went 3-4 SU and ATS, per the best online sportsbooks, before their bye. The rest did them well, though. Dallas posted a 6-2 SU and 5-2-1 ATS records in their last eight games of the regular season. As a result, the Cowboys clinched their first NFC East title since 2016 as well as a wild card berth. Meanwhile, the ‘Hawks followed a similar path. They started 3-3 SU and 3-2-1 ATS. Following their week off, Seattle went 7-3 SU and 6-3-1 ATS to finish second in the NFC West.
Starting QB Russell Wilson passed for a career best 35 TDs. However, the Boys are No. 6 in points allowed per game (20.2). Conversely, Dallas has the 10th best run game in the league thanks to Ezekiel Elliott. But not only does Seattle has the best run game courtesy of Chris Carson. The Seahawks are none too bad defending the run either (113.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
It doesn’t matter this is a night game because Wilson shines in the dark. He has thrown for 52 TDs and just 14 picks in his last 28 primetime games. Additionally, he has won 11 of 13 games versus NFC East squads. In addition to his passing prowess, he and Carson have Seattle averaging 160 rushing yards per game. As ever, though, his own offensive line is the bane of Wilson’s existence. And going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL, that’s not good news.
The Boys had one of their worst games of the season against Seattle in Week 13. On that occasion they could only muster 13 points. However, that was a road game. And Dallas has had plenty of time since then to figure out a way to beat the ‘Hawks. According to legal betting sites, the Cowboys are 11-3 SU in their last 14 games as primetime faves.
Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys – NFL Wild Card Playoffs Betting
- Date: January 5, 2019
- Time: 7:15 p.m. CST
- Venue: AT&T Stadium
Odds from Intertops.eu:
- Seattle Seahawks +2 (-110) 43½ (-110) +115
- Dallas Cowboys -2 (-110) 43½ (-110) -135
- Seahawks are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game
- Seahawks are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 150 yards passing in their previous game
- Seahawks are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games after allowing less than 250 total yards in their previous game
- Cowboys are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game
- Cowboys are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
Our Game Prediction: Experience, in general and in the postseason, is on Seattle’s side. Moreover, the ‘Hawks love to be in the spotlight. According to legal betting sites, Seattle is 1-2 SU in their last 13 primetime games. And 11-2 ATS in their last 13 primetime games as underdogs. As well as 25-6-4 ATS in their last 35 nighttime games. Also 12-3 ATS in their last 15 prime-time games playing teams with a winning record. And finally, they are 22-5-1 SU in their last 28 primetime games with Russell Wilson under center. Numbers don’t lie. And what this numbers are saying is “fade the Cowboys.”