Sport betting sites favor the Alabama Crimson Tide by 23 points over the Mississippi State Bulldogs. This will be the 103rd Battle for Highway 82. A rivalry that the Tide has dominated for the past decade. Alabama has won the last 10 meetings by a combine margin of 219 points. Or 21.9 points per game. It goes without saying that ‘Bama starting QB, the Samoan Bulldozer Tua Tagovailoa has been a headache for every opposing team. However, it appears MSU starting QB Nick Fitzgerald can also be a challenge for Alabama. Common wisdom says dually threatening signal-callers tend to give the Tide a hard time. For the most part, Fitzgerald had been a running QB. However, his passing numbers have been improving in the last couple of weeks. In that period he has thrown for 484 yards with six TDs and no picks.
Betting Mississippi State
The Bulldogs’ defense is their best hope to remain within the spread set by sport betting sites. MSU allows just 12.3 points per game. And fewer than 170 passing yards per game. And just a little over 110 yards on the ground per contest. The Bulldogs bounced back from an ugly 3-19 loss to LSU with back-to-back wins over TTU and La Tech. “When you’re heading on the road to play the number one team in the country, you definitely want to have momentum in your favor,” head coach Joe Moorhead said.
The Leviathan of the South Seas – aka Tua Tagovailoa – played a fourth quarter for the first time this season last weekend. But it wasn’t because LSU put up much of a fight. They did neither put up a fight nor points on the board. The reason was that backup Jalen Hurts was, well, hurt. Perhaps as a result of the extended playing time, the Polynesian Polyphemus threw his first pick of the season. See what you done did, Jalen? But then, what’s one pick compared to 2361 yards and 27 TDs?
On defense, the Tide has 31 sacks, 13 pass interceptions, and allows just 14.1 points per game. Offense won’t be the way MSU covers the sport betting sites spread.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: November 10
- Time: 2:30 p.m. CT
- Venue: Bryant–Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
Odds from Intertops.eu:
- Mississippi State +23 (-110) 52½ (-110) +1250
- Alabama -23 (-110) 52½ (-110) -2000
- 1 points per game (65th)
- 8 total yards per game (55th)
- 0 passing yards per game (105th)
- 8 rushing yards per game (20th)
- 7 total yards allowed per game (6th)
- 2 passing yards allowed per game (7th)
- 4 rushing yards allowed per game (18th)
Alabama Team Stats
- 3 points per game (1st)
- 6 total yards per game (1st)
- 6 passing yards per game (5th)
- 0 rushing yards per game (25th)
- 4 total yards allowed per game (11th)
- 3 passing yards allowed per game (30th)
- 1 rushing yards allowed per game (11th)
- Mississippi State is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Mississippi State is 17-7 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi State’s last 5 games
- Alabama is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Alabama’s last 10 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Barring a freak accident, there’s no doubt the Tide will win this one outright. However, the Bulldogs defense has been actually pretty good. Especially against the pass. The 24-point spread set by the best online sportsbooks might a tall order for Alabama. The again, when it comes to ‘Bama, you fade them at your own risk.