Jaguars Betting Favorites against Cowboys For NFL Week 6
The Jacksonville Jaguars are 3.5 road faves against the Dallas Cowboys, according to online sports betting USA establishments. And according to NBC Sports.com, the game will come down to Blake Bortles vs. Dak Prescott. Well, that’s underwhelming. Are they trying to make fans not want to watch the game? That’s like saying the next League of Justice movie will come down to Zan of the Wonder Twins and the Condiment King. And make no mistake; the Cowboys’ offense is as inoffensive as the Super Friends cartoon. And while Bortles is the butt of many jokes (including his bald spot), the Jags’ defense is no laughing matter.
For example, Jax has allowed fewer than 1000 passing yards through five games. Only other two teams have allowed fewer than 1000 yards through the air. And those teams have played one game fewer than the Jags. Not exactly thrilling news for the likes of Prescott and wide receivers Cole Beasley and Allen Hurns.
The Jag’s offense is nothing about which to write home, either. And what makes it worse is that they gain too many yards per game to score just 20 points per contest. Actually, what makes it worse is Blakey Boy. In a game where Pat Mahomes threw his first two professional picks, Bortles still managed to outdo him in that category. Speaking of which, the otherwise impermeable Jax defense allowed KC 30 points. Though, again, it was against the rookie sensation and Heisman fave at online sports betting USA websites.
Running back Ezekiel Elliott is the Cowboys’ offense lone saving grace. Zeke accounts for 41% of the yards gained by Dallas. In addition, he has scored three of the Boys’ TDs. As a result of the shoddy offense, the defensive unit spends way too much time on the gridiron. In spite of the excessive workload, it seems that has helped the defense to truly hone their skills.
Jacksonville Jaguars at Dallas Cowboys NFL Week 6 Betting Preview
- Date: October
- Time: 14 3:25 p.m. CT
- Venue: AT&T Stadium
Odds from MyBookie.ag:
- Jacksonville Jaguars -3½ (-108) 40 (-106) -181
- Dallas Cowboys +3½ (-112) 40 (-114) +156
- Points per game: 20.4 (25th)
- Total yards per game: 404.4 (9th)
- Passing yards per game: 293.4 (12th)
- Rushing yards per game: 111.0 (15th)
- Points allowed per game: 17.2 (3rd)
- Total yards allowed per game: 292.2 (1st)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 191.0 (1st)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 101.2 (14th)
Dallas Team Stats
- Points per game: 16.6 (30th)
- Total yards per game: 307.8 (28th)
- Passing yards per game: 172.0 (30th)
- Rushing yards per game: 135.8 (5th)
- Points allowed per game: 19.2 (5th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 337.4 (8th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 241.6 (12th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 95.8 (11th)
- Jacksonville is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Jacksonville is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Dallas’s last 9 games
- Dallas is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Dallas is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games at home
As good as Dallas’s defense is, Jax’s is better. And as middle-of-the-board as the Jaguars’ offense is, it’s still better than the Cowboys’. Because pretty much any NFL team’s offense is better than the Cowboys. Interestingly, the run defense is the only defensive aspect at which the Jags don’t excel. And the ground attack is the only thing the Boys are doing right offensively. There may lie the road for Dallas to cover the best online sportsbooks spread. Except that Elliott is coming off a season-worst 54 rushing yards. It doesn’t take an online sports betting USA genius to take Jax and the points. As well as bet on the under.