Eagles at Buccaneers Expert Betting Prediction, Trends and Odds
The best betting sites for US players are favoring the Philadelphia Eagles over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by a field goal. Many experts at the best online sportsbooks believed Nick Foles would crap the bed in the season opener. However, the Super Bowl MVP led the Eagles to an 18-12 SU and ATS win against the Atlanta Falcons. Or at least managed not to lose the game. The lion’s share of the credit should go to the defense. Philly’s secondary is so good it makes watching game film entertaining.
“I think the thing that you see right away when you turn on the tape of this defense is they play so fast, flying around, having fun,” Bucs interim QB Ryan Fitzpatrick said. “They have a swagger about them and it shows up even on the player tape we watch, the coach’s tape. This is a defense you love watching play and hate to go against because of how fast and physical they are.”
Defensive linemen Fletcher Cox, Chris Long and Jordan Hicks sacked Falcons QB Matt Ryan four times. Meanwhile, the Eagles pass defense hit Matty Ice 13 times and deflected 10 passes. Atlanta was only 4-for-15 on third-down attempts (26%) and 1-for-5 inside the end zone. Philly’s secondary ranked top 5 in opposing quarterback completion percentage, sacks and rush yards allowed on Monday. And top 10 in fewest yards per pass attempt.
Nick Foles will start again on Sunday. Only Nathan Peterman/Josh Allen threw for fewer yards. That’s some pretty lousy company. Philly is 71-75-2 against the best sports betting sites spread when their QB passes for fewer than 200 yards. So it could go either way.
Betting Tampa Bay
No. 1 running back Peyton Barber had 69 yards on 19 carries. He could have even fewer against a run defense that held Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman to 55 yards on 15 carries. The Buccaneers are 23-102 SU and 30-91-4 ATS when rushing for fewer than 80 yards.
On defense, Tampa Bay’s already thin cornerback position lost Vernon Hargreaves during the Saints game. Previously, Brent ‘Frank’ Grimes injured is groin and is projected to miss several weeks.
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Week 2 Betting Information
- Date: September 16
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Venue: Raymond James Stadium
Odds from GTBets.eu:
- PHILADELPHIA EAGLES -3 (-125) 44 (-110) -175
- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS +3 (+105) 44 (-110) +151
- 18 points per game (23rd)
- 232 total yards per game (29th)
- 119 passing yards per game (31st)
- 113 rushing yards per game (18th)
- 12 points allowed per game (4th)
- 299 total yards allowed per game (7th)
- 225 passing yards allowed per game (14th)
- 74 rushing yards allowed per game (6th)
Tampa Bay Stats
- 48 points per game (1st)
- 529 total yards per game (2nd)
- 417 passing yards per game (3rd)
- 112 rushing yards per game (19th)
- 40 points allowed per game (29th)
- 475 total yards allowed per game (30th)
- 432 passing yards per game (32nd)
- 43 rushing yards allowed per game (2nd)
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Eagles are 16-2 SU in its last 18 games
- Philadelphia is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The Buccaneers are 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Tampa Bay is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
The Bucs displayed one of the best offenses in the league in their season opener. However, they also showed one of the worst defenses. The Eagles defense can conceivably neutralize Tampa Bay’s attack. And Philly improves on offense, they should win and cover the spread set by the best sports betting sites.