Clemson Tigers at Florida State Latest Odds Preview and Expert Pick
According to legal online sports betting establishments, the Clemson Tigers are 16.5-points road faves against the Florida State Seminoles. The 32nd meeting in this rivalry will see the Sems attempting to snap a three-game losing streak to the Tigers. Clemson won their last encounter by 17 points. Which gives us an inkling as to why the best online sportsbooks have settled on a 16-point spread. However, Clemson co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott isn’t taking FSU for granted. “In my opinion, just watching a day-and-a-half of video, I believe this will be the best defense that we have faced up until this point. They’re very athletic really at every position,” he said. “You really can tell the last couple of weeks that they’ve made a lot of improvement.” Florida State head coach Willie Taggart agrees with that assessment.
Starting QB Trevor Lawrence has 12 TDs, a 68.3 completion percentage, and a 165.0 passer rating. He passed for a career-high 308 yards against NC State last weekend. Running back Travis Etienne averages 8.2 yards per touch and leads the NCAA with 14 TDs on the ground.
Legal sports betting fans should keep in mind that Tallahassee is rough terrain for the Tigers. Clemson has lost nine of their last 11 trips to Doak Campbell Stadium. Moreover, Georgia and Ohio State lost their games as the No. 2 team. Coincidentally, the spot at which the Tigers find themselves at the moment.
Betting Florida State
The Sems underdogging it at home is an occurrence seldom seen in legal online sports betting. FSU is 3-1 SU and 2-2 ATS in Tallahassee this season.
“If you want be the man, you’ve got to beat the man,” Taggart said, channeling his inner Nature Boy. After which he presumably added a hearty “Woooooooooo!” He then strutted around, took off his jacket, threw in on the floor and elbow dropped it. Actually, what he did do was advise the fans to “Go to bed early at night. Make sure you’re there nice and early. Need everybody there. I don’t want to hear we don’t do well at noon games. Those times are over. It’s different. We do very well. So look forward to seeing everyone there at Saturday. Great opportunity for the ’Noles.” Sems, ‘Noles, same difference.
Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: October 27
- Time: 12:00 p.m. ET No.
- Venue: Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL
Lines from MyBookie.ag:
- CLEMSON -16½ (-110) 51 (-110) -800
- FLORIDA STATE +16½ (-110) 51 (-110)
- 0 points per game (12th)
- 4 total yards per game (9th)
- 7 passing yards per game (31st)
- 7 rushing yards per game (10th)
- 3 total yards allowed per game (4th)
- 6 passing yards allowed per game (5th)
- 7 rushing yards allowed per game (14th)
Florida State Team Stats
- 1 points per game (93rd)
- 1 total yards per game (98th)
- 7 passing yards per game (33rd)
- 4 rushing yards per game (124th)
- 7 total yards allowed per game (54th)
- 3 passing yards allowed per game (112th)
- 4 rushing yards allowed per game (8th)
- Clemson is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Tigers are 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Clemson is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Florida State is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida State’s last 6 games
- Florida State is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Our Pick: NC State let a bunch of us down last weekend when they appeared in Death Valley but didn’t really show up. We gave the Wolfpack the benefit of the doubt and that’s how they repaid us. So let’s not make that mistake again. Take Clemson and the points.