Browns Home Betting Favorite against the Chargers in NFL Week 6
The Cleveland Browns are a one-point home favorite against the Los Angeles Chargers, per best sport betting sites. Cleveland picked up their second win of the season, 12-9 against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. However, the Browns must be so very, very tired. That was their third game this year that goes into overtime. On the other hand, that shows they are able to hang in there with the big boys. Speaking of which, Bolts QB Philip Rivers is playing some big boy football. The Octo-Dad has 13 TDs and two picks on 1495 passing yards.
Moreover, he has a 116.4 passer rating and averages 8.6 yards per pass. At the ripe old age of 36, Rivers is playing at the level of young bucks like Pat Mahomes and Jared Goff. Who lead the two teams against which the Chargers have lost this season. Will the Bolts fall again to a young QB-led team?
Betting LA Chargers
It behooves the Bolts that Rivers has the second-best TD-to-pick ration in the league this season. The Chargers are 66-25 SU and 62-27-2 ATS when Rivers is not picked off. On the other hand, the Bolts are 48-70 straight up and 44-72-2 against the best online sportsbooks spread when he throws one or more picks in a game.
Defensively, the Chargers held the Oakland Raiders to 41 yards on the ground in Week 1. That’s important considering the Browns are second in the NFL in rushing yards per game.
And speaking of defense, that’s the Browns best hope to cover the sport betting sites spread. Cleveland didn’t allow Joe Flacco to throw a TD pass, and held him to 5.0 yards per play. The Browns lead the league with 15 defensive TOs and have a +8 differential. And speaking of +8, I can’t still get over the fact that Rivers has eight kids. Doesn’t he have a TV at home?
Los Angeles Chargers at Cleveland Browns NFL Week 6 Betting Preview
- Date: October 14
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: FirstEnergy Stadium
Odds from GTBets.eu:
- Los Angeles Chargers +1 (-113) 46½ (-110) -101
- Cleveland Browns -1 (-107) 46½ (-110) -118
- Points per game: 27.4 (8th)
- Total yards per game: 405.2 (7th)
- Passing yards per game: 289.6 (13th)
- Rushing yards per game: 115.6 (11th)
- Points allowed per game: 26.0 (22nd)
- Total yards allowed per game: 365.8 (15th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 270.2 (19th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 95.6 (10th)
Cleveland Team Stats
- Points per game: 22.8 (20th)
- Total yards per game: 376.0 (16th)
- Passing yards per game: 231.4 (23rd)
- Rushing yards per game: 144.6 (2nd)
- Points allowed per game: 22.6 (12th)
- Total yards allowed per game: 398.0 (27th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 281.4 (27th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 116.6 (22nd)
- LA Chargers is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Chargers’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of LA Chargers’s last 16 games
- Cleveland is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The Browns are 2-19-1 SU in its last 22 games
- Cleveland is 7-17-1 ATS in its last 25 games at home
When the Bolts are good they are very good. And when they are bad they suck something awful. However, they have been smart enough to pick their spots. And Cleveland looks like a great spot to pick. Sometimes, as sport betting sites users know, it comes down to which team has the better signal-caller. Rivers will likely outplay a much younger QB for the first time this season.