Betting Line in Favor of the Seahawks against the Cowboys in NFL Week 3
Sports betting websites in USA are favoring the Seattle Seahawks by 1 point over the Dallas Cowboys. The best online sportsbooks give the ‘Hawks the straight-up win almost by default. Seattle has not lost a home game in September since 2009. Notwithstanding that, the Seahawks are no longer “an automatic winner at home,” according to the Seattle Times. Brad Gagnon of Bleacher Report agrees. “That legendary home-field advantage the Seahawks possess? Not sure it’s much of a factor now that the Legion of Boom is dead and the Seahawks have become a mediocre team,” he writes.
The secondary isn’t the only side of the ball that’s dead in Seattle. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer intoned a heartfelt mea culpa for the state of the ‘Hawks’ offense. “I need to do a better job, I’ll be the first to say that,” he said. “It’s just one of those things where you get a lot of thoughts and advice as a play-caller from everybody until it’s third and 22 and you are backed up on your 1-yard line and you are like ‘hey guys what do you like? Hello? Hello?” Worry not, Bri. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend’s face… you’ll know what to do.
Unlike last season, this year it’s the defense and not the offense that’s keeping the Cowboys afloat. Dallas’ secondary held Panthers and Giants to a combined 29 points. The defense also has nine sacks, which ranks second in the league.
Offensively, QB Dak Prescott averages a measly 149 passing yards per game. And the offensive line has been riddled with injuries. Then again, they come onto the gridiron in crutches and wheelchairs, and they’d still be better than the ‘Hawks’ O-line.
The Seahawks are 13-SU and 11-2 ATS in their last their 13 home games. Seattle is also 40-9 SU in their last 49 games as home chalk. And yet they can only muster a 1.5-point advantage from sports betting websites. That’s just how bad they are right now.
Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks NFL Week 3 Betting Preview
- Date: September 23
- Time: 3:25 p.m. CT
- Venue: CenturyLink Field
Odds from MyBookie.ag:
- Dallas Cowboys +1 (-107) 40½ (-110) EV
- Seattle Seahawks -1 (-113) 40½ (-110) -120
- Points per game 14.0 (29th)
- Total yards per game: 265.0 (30th)
- Passing yards per game: 149.0 (30th)
- Rushing yards per game: 116.0 (11th)
- Points allowed per game: 14.5 (3rd)
- Total yards allowed per game: 274.0 (4th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 183.0 (5th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 91.0 (11th)
Seattle Team Stats
- Points per game: 20.5 (21st)
- Total yards per game: 291.0 (27th)
- Passing yards per game: 222.0 (21st)
- Rushing yards per game: 69.0 (29th)
- Points allowed per game: 25.5 (21st)
- Total yards allowed per game: 370.5 (21st)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 254.5 (20th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 116.0 (23rd)
- Dallas is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The Cowboys are 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Dallas is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Seattle
- Seattle is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The Seahawks are 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Seattle is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Our Pick: Seattle lost four of their last five home games in 2017. So that home field advantage mystique is all but gone. In addition, the offensive line has more holes in it than Sonny Corleone. It would be a very good idea for sports betting websites users to fade the Seahawks on this one.