The best legal betting sites favor the Alabama Crimson Tide over the Tennessee Volunteers by 28½ points. The best online sportsbooks may be underestimating the Vols, though. At least according to Knox News. You can also ask Auburn. UTK upset the No. 21 Tigers as 15.5-point road dogs in a 30-24 win last weekend. However, this isn’t the same Auburn to which we have been accustomed. The Tigers have already lost three games halfway through the season. The Tide, on the other hand, is the same program other schools have learned to fear and loathe. In fact, they just may be even more fearful and loathsome, thanks to the Samoan Bulldozer known Tua Tagovailoa.
“If the Vols could beat the nation’s No. 21 team on the road, they also could win every remaining game on their schedule – with the exception of defending national champion Alabama,” writes John Adams of the aforementioned periodical. It is indeed all but a foregone conclusion, barring any unforeseen event, that is.
The Tide has won their seven games this season by an average margin of victory of 38.4 points. Only the TAMU game was decided by less than 28 points. Alabama has won 16 of their last 17 on the road by a margin of 21.5 points. Furthermore, they have won their two true road games this season by a margin of 44.5 points. Once again, thanks to the Hawaiian Behemoth Tua Tagovailoa.
Not every QB can be a Polynesian Juggernaut. Vols starting quarterback Jarrett Guarantano has six TDs and two picks on 1129 passing yards. Can Guarantano guarantee a victory? No, according to the best online betting sites. Of course, you could make a case that UTK defeated Auburn. And Auburn was the only team to be able to defeat Alabama last season. Ergo, Tennessee should in theory defeat ‘Bama. But then you’d be a very silly person.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Tennessee Volunteers NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: October 20
- Time: 3:30 p.m. Et
- Venue: Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
Line from MyBookie.ag:
- ALABAMA -28½ (-110) 57 (-110) -7500
- TENNESSEE U +28½ (-110) 57 (-110) +3250
- 6 points per game (1st)
- 0 total yards per game (1st)
- 3 passing yards per game (5th)
- 7 rushing yards per game (29th)
- 0 total yards allowed per game (15th)
- 9 passing yards allowed per game (29th)
- 1 rushing yards allowed per game (33rd)
Tennessee Team Stats
- 7 points per game (82nd)
- 0 total yards per game (97th)
- 0 passing yards per game (93rd)
- 0 rushing yards per game (81st)
- 5 total yards allowed per game (47th)
- 8 passing yards allowed per game (42nd)
- 7 rushing yards allowed per game (62nd)
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Alabama’s last 8 games
- Alabama is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Tennessee is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Tennessee is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
- Tennessee is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
The Tide has straight-up dominated the Third Saturday in October in the last decade. The last time the Vols won a game in this rivalry was on October 21, 2006. Moreover, Alabama has won the last eleven games by an average margin of 24.5 points. And the last two by a combined margin of 60 points. So it is perfectly conceivable that ‘Bama will again cover the 29-point spread set by the best online betting sites. As they have done in nine of their last 12 against UTK.