Alabama Crimson Tide Big Betting Favorites vs. LSU Tigers at Sportsbooks
US betting sites favor the Alabama Crimson Tide by 14.5 points over the LSU Tigers. The Tide has won nine of the last 11 meetings in the rivalry. Including the last seven straight. Those seven victories have come by an average margin of 13 points. Just one point below the best online sportsbooks spread for this one. To LSU head coach Ed Orgeron, snapping that seven-game skid is a regional duty. Unlike John Fogerty, Coach O was actually born on the Bayou.
“People stop me everywhere I go — the grocery store, restaurants, you name it — and they say two things,” Orgeron said. “They say, ‘We’re behind you, Coach, because you’re one of us.’ Then they say, ‘But you better beat Alabama.'” Much more than regional pride is at stake, though. The winner between the No. 1 and No. 3 programs could be headed to the SEC championship game. Not to say the College Football Playoff.
The Samoan Bulldozer Tua Tagovailoa has 25 TDs and no picks on 2066 passing yards. The US betting sites favorite for the Heisman Trophy has yet to play a fourth quarter this season. This being near Halloween, though, there’s a chance LSU might get up even after the ‘Bama QB thinks the Tigers are finished. Alabama’s offense has scored 433 points through eight games, while the defense has allowed just 127.
The Tigers may not be undefeated overall, but they have yet to be beaten at home. Their success at Death Valley this season includes 36-16 upset of then No. 2 Georgia. On defense, safety Grant ‘I Can’t Help It’ Delpit has five of LSU’s 14 pass interceptions. Moreover, cornerbacks Greedy Williams and Kristian Fulton have NFL potential coming out the wazoo. The Tigers’s secondary will undoubtedly be Tagovailoa’s greatest challenge so far.
Alabama Crimson Tide at LSU Tigers NCAA Football Betting Preview
- Date: November 3
- Time: 7:00 p.m. CT
- Venue: Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
Odds from GTBets.eu:
- ALABAMA -14½ (-110) 54 (-110) -600
- LSU +14½ (-110) 54 (-110) +450
- 1 points per game (1st)
- 3 total yards per game (2nd)
- 4 passing yards per game (5th)
- 9 rushing yards per game (30th)
- 9 total yards allowed per game (16th)
- 5 passing yards allowed per game (33rd)
- 4 rushing yards allowed per game (21st)
LSU Team Stats
- 4 points per game (60th)
- 6 total yards per game (86th)
- 0 passing yards per game (101st)
- 6 rushing yards per game (43rd)
- 3 total yards allowed per game (22nd)
- 8 passing yards allowed per game (37th)
- 5 rushing yards allowed per game (32nd)
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Alabama’s last 5 games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Louisiana State is 11-4 ATS in its last 15 games
- Louisiana State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games
Offensively, No. 2 is not the only thing standing between Alabama and LSU. In fact, it would be like the current US Army going up against a WW1 counterpart. Defense will be key for the Tigers to cover the US betting sites spread. Either that or shooting Tagovailoa with tranquilizing dart. LSU has not lost by more than two TDs since 2015. However, the Tigers’s previous double-digit home loss came precisely to Alabama in 2016. Although that was a 10-point game. The last time the Tide beat LSU by 14 points in Baton Rouge was in 2006.